Affordable Skip Hire drivers are instructed not to drive over footpaths, drives, grass verges, drains etc. and not to lift skips over walls or fences or to raised embankments. Drivers are instructed not to drive over land or property not fit for purpose i.e. heavy vehicles/weight. Should the hirer require a driver of Affordable Skip Hire to do so, and damage is caused AFFORDABLE SKIP HIRE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUCH CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE.
1. In these terms Affordable Skip Hire shall mean Affordable Skip Hire Skips Ltd.
2. Affordable Skip Hire let and the hirer take the goods on hire for the period agreed.
3. Affordable Skip Hire shall deliver the goods to the hirer’s premises and shall install them in position selected by the hirer.
3.1 Each skip delivered to the hirer should (where the skip is to be sited on a public highway) have attached to it lights to ensure that the skip is visible at night. These are the responsibility of the hirer, however they are available on request (for a small hire charge). It shall be the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that lights hired are not damaged or stolen.
3.2 Each skip delivered to the hirer should (where the skip is to be sited on a public highway) have traffic cones, which should be placed around the skip. The hirer is responsible for the supply of these, however they are available on request (for a small hire charge). It shall be the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that hired cones are not damaged or stolen.
3.3 Each skip delivered to the hirer should (where the skip is to be sited on a public highway) have a permit from the local council. Affordable Skip Hire will apply for these on request. (the permit to be paid for by the hirer).
4. The hirer’s are advised prior to delivery to protect paving slabs, manhole covers or other items, which may be subject to damage by the delivery/collection lorry, or to ensure that all access ways are otherwise safe for delivery/collection. In the event of damage to the hirer’s premises, Affordable Skip Hire shall not be responsible and in the event of damage to the Affordable Skip Hire delivery/collection vehicle the hirer shall be responsible. The driver for Affordable Skip Hire shall deposit the skip pursuant for the direction of the hirer and for such purposes the driver for Affordable Skip Hire shall be the agent of the hirer.
4.1 The hirer shall not light fires in the skip nor put wet cement in it.
4.2 The hirer shall reimburse Affordable Skip Hire for any costs due to theft or damage caused to the skip by fire, accident or mechanical excavators or other vehicles whilst on hire to them. All skips are to be level loads only and not above the sides of the skip at any time.
5. The hirer shall not re-site the skip after delivery. Set out or interfere with hired lights. In the event of any fault occurring the skip lights or traffic cones or any loss or damage thereof the hirer shall immediately replace the batteries in the lights where necessary and/or replace the lights and/or renew as required and advise Affordable Skip Hire forthwith of any such faults.The hirer shall compensate Affordable Skip Hire in full on demand for all loss and damage to the goods caused by the hirer’s misuse of them or negligence.
6. The hirer during the hiring shall not sell or offer for sale, lend or otherwise deal with or part with possession of the skip light or cones without the previous consent in writing of Affordable Skip Hire.
7. The hirer shall duly and punctually pay all rent, taxes and outgoings payable by the hirer in respect of the premises where the goods are installed, and protect Affordable Skip Hire against any distress, execution or seizure of the goods and, compensate Affordable Skip Hire in full on demand for all losses and expenses incurred by him in respect of them.
8. The hirer shall compensate Affordable Skip Hire in full on demand for any loss it has suffered as a result of any damage, fire or theft to or of the goods and any claims made by any person in respect of the goods whilst they are in the hirer’s custody.
9. The hirer shall permit Affordable Skip Hire at all reasonable times on reasonable notice to have access to goods, to any property where it is for the purpose of inspecting, repairing, or repossessing it.
10. Affordable Skip Hire may affix plates or marks to the skips indicating that they are the property of Affordable Skip Hire and the hirer shall not obliterate, deface or cover them up.
11. Affordable Skip Hire may by written notice terminate the hiring and retake possession of the Skip if the hirer is in breach of any of the terms herein, is adjudged bankrupt or has entered into voluntary arrangement with the company, is wound up or is put into receivership.
12. The hirer shall be responsible for providing Affordable Skip Hire with an accurate description of waste.
12.1 The hirer shall be responsible for controlling all waste that is placed in the skip.
12.2 No asbestos or other hazardous/special wastes, for example oils, flammable materials, computers, corrosive or infectious wastes, refrigerators, freezers , gas bottles tyres or chemical waste shall be loaded into the skip unless Affordable Skip Hire shall previously agree in writing.
12.3 If upon Affordable Skip Hire emptying the skip any unauthorised materials are found they will be removed and returned to the site address and the hirer will be required to meet any additional costs.
12.4 In the event that it will not be possible to return such items to the hirer, the hirer will be required to meet the full costs of handling, treatment and transportation necessary to achieve final disposal within current legislation.
13. For the purpose of retaking possession of the goods. Affordable Skip Hire may enter the premises where the goods are situated and in retaking possession shall not affect their right to have any money due at any time of the termination or to recover damages for any breach of this agreement before the termination.
14. The hirer has selected the skips without any reliance on Affordable Skip Hire and acknowledges that Affordable Skip Hire has not made any condition representation or warranty of any kind in relation to the goods unless same are incorporated immediately beneath this clause and by both parties.
15. Our payment terms by ALL non-account customers are card details on order or cash on delivery of the goods.
16. ALL account customers trading terms are 30 days net, unless otherwise agreed in writing, before trading commences. Our Waste Management Licence and Waste Carrier’s Licence are available on request.