The Affordable skip hire process involves renting a waste container, known as a skip, to dispose of various types of waste from residential, commercial, or construction sites. Our skip hire process typically involves the following steps:
- Assess Your Waste Volume: Determine the amount and type of waste you need to dispose of. Skips come in various sizes, ranging from small mini-skips or larger builders skips to larger roll-on roll-off (RoRo) skips, so you’ll need to estimate the volume of waste you’ll produce.
- Choosing the Right Skip Size: Based on your waste estimation, select the appropriate skip size that can accommodate all your waste without overloading it. If you’re uncertain about the size, skip hire companies can provide guidance based on the type and volume of waste you have.
- Finding a Skip Hire Company: Research and contact local skip hire companies to compare prices, skip sizes available, and their rental terms. Look for reputable companies with a track record of providing reliable and responsible waste disposal services.
- Booking the Skip: Once you’ve chosen a skip hire company and determined the right size, book the skip for the desired dates. Specify the delivery and collection dates to ensure the skip is available when you need it.
- Delivery: On the agreed-upon date, the skip hire company will deliver the skip to your specified location. Make sure there’s enough space for the skip to be placed safely and legally (e.g., on private property rather than a public road).
- Filling the Skip: Once the skip is in place, you can start loading it with your waste. Ensure that you only dispose of allowed materials; hazardous waste, electrical items, and certain other items might not be permitted in skips. If in doubt, check with the skip hire company or local regulations.
- Skip Use Period: Most skip hire companies offer a rental period, which typically ranges from a few days to a couple of weeks. Inform the company if you need an extension or if you finish with the skip early.
- Collection: Once you’ve filled the skip or reached the end of the agreed rental period, contact the skip hire company to arrange collection. They will send a truck to collect the filled skip and transport it to an authorized waste processing facility.
- Waste Processing: After collection, the waste is taken to a waste transfer station or recycling center. There, it will be sorted and processed, with recyclable materials separated for recycling, and non-recyclable waste disposed of appropriately.
- Environmental Compliance: Reputable skip hire companies aim to recycle and dispose of waste responsibly, adhering to local regulations and environmental standards.
Remember that you should not overload the skip, as this can be dangerous during transportation. Always follow the guidelines provided by the skip hire company and comply with waste disposal regulations in your area.